Re: (ET) Duracell Batteries

For those fortunate enough to live near Lyon Station, PA, East Penn/Deka sells factory seconds (aka "blems") at their factory store. I'm pretty sure they label those as "The Usable". So not refurbished, but new with minor defects that are still perfectly... usable. Worth a call if you really want to know for sure. The same brand can be on any type battery they make, flooded, gel, etc. The one time I made a detour to visit the store I was told that getting standard golf cart batteries as blems is hard as demand is so high.

On 6/16/15 10:04 PM, bushman165s aol com via Elec-trak wrote:
Since everyone is bringing up different brands, etc, I'd like to ask if
anyone has heard of "The Usable" brand? They are apparently made my
Deka/East Penn and are gel cells. My question is are they refurbs or
some kind of wholesale brand? Supposedly they have a nice 20 hour rate,
but don't remember exact numbers. I can get them from a local guy for
$90 each.

Chad

Sent from my Virgin Mobile phone.

------ Original message------

*From: *Jim Coate

*Date: *Tue, Jun 16, 2015 9:39 PM

*To: *elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu
<mailto:elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu>;

*Subject:*Re: (ET) Duracell Batteries

As of a couple of years ago, Deka/East Penn was the supplier to Batteries + Bulbs. So good batteries. This of course may vary with
time and/or location, so would have to inquire as to the current supplier (they were happy to tell me). May also be able to get the
Deka's from NAPA auto partsstores.Th  <http://stores.Th>ere is an independent dealer near me with the Crown batteries which
have also done well so far.Was that a typp on the Trojan price, as listed price difference is $6-$18 not $100.On 6/16/15 1:46 PM,
Mike Wallace wrote:> Anybody have an opinion about 6 volt GC batteries with the Duracell> brand name?  My local Sam's and
Batteries + Bulbs sells them for $112> and $99 respectively.  Who really makes them?>> My local golf cart guy sells only
T-105's at  $117.50 each.  But are the> Trojans worth the extra $100 ?>> Mike in KY>>>>
_______________________________________________> Elec-trak mailing list>  Elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu  <mailto:
Elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu>>ht
tps://cosmos.phy.tufts.edu/mailman/listinfo/elec-trak>_______________________________________________Elec-trak
 mailing  listElec-trak cosmos phy.tufts.eduhtt  <mailto: listElec-trak cosmos
phy.tufts.eduhtt>ps://cosmos.phy.tufts.edu/mailman/listinfo/elec-trak
<http://cosmos.phy.tufts.edu/mailman/listinfo/elec-trak>