Re: (ET) cheap batteries eastern mass?

When I first got my E20 and didn't know whether it worked or not I tried the golf courses for batteries, but most around here use gas powered carts.  I ended up calling the Interstate Battery store in Merrimack, NH and they sold me three 12V deep cycle marine batteries that had been returned under their no-questions-asked warrantee.  They had tested them and found no problems so they sold them for $30 each.  12V batteries aren't ideal, but they lasted for three years of mowing and snow-throwing before I replaced them with golf cart batteries from Sam's Club.
Ben Griffith - Pepperell, MA

On Sat, Apr 25, 2015 at 12:14 PM, David Roden <etpost drmm net> wrote:
On 25 Apr 2015 at 15:42, stupidemail5 lycos com wrote:

> just seeing if anyone has contacts for used but workable batteries.

Call up local golf courses.  Some change their golf car batteries every 2-3
years regardless of actual condition.

Battery dealers will also sometimes have piles of cores they'll let you go
through with a tester.  I did this once years ago, though, and decided it
wasn't worth the long afternoon I spent on it.  I picked out their best 8
batteries, but they still weren't very good, and I ended up buying a new set
after all.

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA

Note: mail sent to the "etpost" address will not reach me.  To send