(ET) Soneil 3624SR16 Charger

Disclosure: I am a distributor Soneil battery chargers (as many of you know).

The weekend before last I bought a 'barn find' E15. Looks to be in pretty good shape (a lot prettier than my current E12), and I expect to be ordering batteries for it around the end of this month if testing and trouble-shooting goes well. The on-board charger has already come up questionable (tripped the house breaker, so capacitor is probably done). The batteries in it are definitely done.

Naturally, I will be going with a more modern replacement for the charger. Over the years, several folks, myself included, have used the Soneil 3610SR chargers on their ETs with good results. Others have asked for a more powerful unit. In the past few months, Soneil has introduced a couple of new 36-volt chargers for lead-acid batteries. For the E15, I am particularly interested in the 3624SR16 model, which is a 3-stage intelligent charger with a constant-current bulk charge rate of 12 amps (about triple that of the 3610SR).

Specs available here: http://soneil.com/sites/default/files/Sigma-NG%20Family%20rev4.092012.pdf

What really interests me is the price point.

I will be selling the 3624SR16 for Cdn$289 each (about US$260) starting in November. That's about Cdn$24 per amp output.

The reason I am posting here today is to make this offer to other electric tractor owners. If you e-mail me before 7:00 a.m. on Monday, October 6th (EDT) that you want one of these Soneil 3624SR16 chargers (delivery in mid or late October), I am going to offer a 10% discount and free shipping (Canada and the U.S. only) for pre-paid orders (taxes extra for Canadian shipping addresses). That makes the price Cdn$260 (about US$233). If there is enough interest, I will likely make this a stock item going forward.

Also, are people interested in having the battery side connector from the charger to be the one for the accessory plug on the ETs? (I think even if the charger is put under the hood, it will be simple to run the battery connector out from under the hood to the accessory outlet, and convenient for those with multiple tractors.)

If you have questions about the charger, this offer, or want to put in an order, please contact me off-line (darryl econogics com).

--
Darryl McMahon
Econogics