(ET) Eloise Helpful Hint

No, I'm not Eloise, but here's my helpful hint: I found some compression springs which I recognized as just right to put on the spindles of the deck front casters. I like to think they are dissipating the vertical energy of bumpy ground and thereby reducing the horizontal forces which push the front of the deck back and forth, eventually bending and cracking it. Why didn't the GE forefathers think of this?

I also discovered that I can quickly and easily lower the front of the deck to reduce the cutting  height, by  standing on the front  of the deck, compressing the springs enough to put a couple of 1/2 inch spacers under the top hitch clip.

Bill Alburty, E-12, Kansas