Re: (ET) Fuses made of silver?

On 20 Jul 2014 at 12:56, G Moses wrote:

> Here's a suggestion that has been working for me for over 8 years. I
> don't
> recommend it - unless you're a gambler, because you could ruin your
> motor.

Thanks, but I'm afraid I'm not much of a betting man.  The closest I've
been
to Las Vegas (which a friend of mine used to call "Lost Wages") is looking
down on all the lights, driving by late one night on I-15.

ET mower motors are scarce and a bit pricey, and I think the ones used in
my
New Idea R-36 rider (ER8-36 type) are one of the  least common types, if
not
the least common.  So I think I'd rather not risk them.

>From this perspective, I guess undersizing the breakers is better than
oversizing them.

> if removing and replacing the cover on the motor is a pain, get three
> 3-liter clear plastic soda bottles ...

An interesting idea, probably useful for an ET with a front-mount mower.

In this case, it's a rider mower with a belly deck.  Getting to the motors
at all requires that I either jack up the rider and drop the deck; or
unbolt
and remove the fiberglas body, which is actually much easier.
Fortunately,
so far I haven't had to do that very often.

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA