(ET) Help!

I have an EGT150 with a self induced problem. Last week I pulled a stupid and accidentally had two wires from the speed control (two of the reverse switch wires) wire ends touch together. Need to remember to turn off the main power switch. An arc occurred essentially burning up the connectors on each wire. After putting new connectors on, I found that the control circuit fuse was blown. The fuse blew again immediately when I replaced it. Most testing procedures ask you to follow the voltage however, in this case with the fuse blown the power can not be on. I can not see any physical damage, burning or something of that sort.
Questions: 1) What component should I be checking that would cause the fuse to blow? 2) How do I test that component?
Any help will be appreciated.
Dave