Re: (ET) from line and anti-spoofing systems

I went through this about 2 months ago on two other email discussion lists
that I operate, including one with over 600 members.  It wasn't just
people
being unsubscribed - though there was plenty of that - it was also list
members not receiving posts.

Breaking mailing lists is not the only collateral damage from SPF and
DKIM.
Remember the old cartoon "On the Internet, nobody knows you're a dog"?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/On_the_Internet,_nobody_knows_you%27re_a_dog

Until recently, one of the hallmarks of the net was the ability to be
anonymous when one chose to do so.  There are sometimes legitimate reasons
for anonymity.  It's not just for spammers.  Anonymity can be a life saver
in some circumstances - or a freedom saver - at least a job saver.

It's grown more and more difficult to maintain in recent years, and this
is
just one more nail in the coffin for net anonymity.

I hate spam as much as the next guy, but I deeply regret this trend.

Personally, I don't see the pressing need for SPF and DKIM - I've been
able
to keep my mailbox relatively spam free without them.

However, it appears that we're stuck with them, so this list and others
will
simply have to deal with the situation.