Re: (ET) Toaster/reverse help.

On 5/30/2014 5:51 PM, Tim Faulhaber wrote:
Well stupid me though removing the charger and toaster was all in the
same back in the fall.  So i just added the toaster back on.   Can
someone give me a brief rundown of what the toaster does?  I remember
someone saying it's there to deal with  (insert electrical terms here)
for the low speeds.  Now it seems forward speeds all work great.  But
reverse just seems to put off a lot of heat in the toaster.  I don't
want to burn it out so I didn't push it more than trying 2 times for 1-2
seconds at most.  For now i'll build up the mower deck as i await
suggestions from the wise and all knowing council.

The front things are resistors to slow down the tractor in speeds 1,2 (for an E15). However with them in and being hot in reverse it sounds like the reversing relay is not reversing the field (bad contacts, vaporized, etc). Check the reversing relay.