Re: (ET) charger, desulfator

We wrote about this last week - check the posts.  I highly recommend the Soneil Desulphator / charge maintainer.  I would charge most of the way with the stock charger with Landis controller, then switch on the Soneil to top them off & maintain them.  Either way I would not leave the tractor plugged in long term.  You would waste electricity constantly topping them off and could over charge them.
Jeff

From: "Michael S Briggs" <msbriggs cisunix unh edu>
To: elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu
Sent: Wednesday, May 21, 2014 11:29:12 PM
Subject: (ET) charger, desulfator

I have a set of new batteries, and is like to take better care of them
than my last set. I currently charge with the stock charger, but with
the Landis charger controller. I was thinking about adding in a
battery maintainer/desulfator to help with keeping the batteries
fresh. Any thoughts on these?

http://www.amazon.com/BatteryMINDer-Volt-OnBoard-Desulphator-Conditioner/dp/B002ZTYRO4

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002ZTJ75I/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_2?pf_rd_p=1535523722&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B002ZTYRO4&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1FBEHF7ARCEZB74Q7839

The second one is twice as expensive, but is also a charger, primarily
a trucks charger though.

Mike