(ET) Darn

Went to blow the snow here in MD today. Wet, heavy, and the temps are now in the teens.

Anyway I managed to do the driveway during the day, the plan is simple without chains: Start at the bottom, go up the hill, and DO NOT STOP. Because the ground underneath will be wet and will turn to ice if you don't make it to the top. Once you have the top you can go down the hill, double up the lane, and you will be ok to go up again.

So up I went, and I watched as the chute pushed out less and less snow. DAMN, it clogged. Tried to keep going up got a good way but you can't plow snow uphill forever. So I had to stop, back off, and go down the hill.

Cleared it in 5 minutes, but too late, driveway is iced. So I did the bottom half, went up the hill, when it lost traction I would slide backwards *FAST* till the tires could catch.

Life without the chains on. I didn't want to put them on this winter unless necessary. Tomorrow morning might define *necessary*; with the chains on I can go straight up an ice wall.

However this is a wicked snow. Wet and heavy plus 10 degree temps equals snow that will clog the chute even at full speed and a chute lined with POR15. Wow.