Re: (ET) Fuses mad of silver?

On 21 Nov 2013 at 9:44, jim wrote:

> I don't think that the model/type/number of fuse that costs so much was
> mentioned.

It's an MDL40.  Somewhere I saw it referred to as a forklift fuse, but I'm
not so sure about that.  Here's the MDL range datasheet

http://www.cooperindustries.com/content/dam/public/bussmann/Electronics/Resou
rces/product-datasheets/Bus_Elx_DS_2004_MDL_Series.pdf

http://tinyurl.com/ocha6zd

As someone mentioned, MDL fuses are indeed only AC rated.

BUT, notice that the MDL40 is not even listed on the datasheet.  The
largest
size is a 30 amp.  Something smells funny here, and I don't think it's
overheating wiring.

The MDL40 IS listed here :

http://www.cooperindustries.com/content/public/en/bussmann/consumer/products/
home_circuit_protectionproductsandaccessories/fuses/Glass_Ceramic.html

http://tinyurl.com/l7m2vf2

(I really get annoyed at these ludicrous URLs created by website content
management systems.  What sane human would name a directory
home_circuit_protectionproductsandaccessories?  Ah well, that's completely
OT, sorry.)

Methinks I need to do some shopping around.

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA