Re: (ET) Zero Turn Electric Mower Conversion

Early Dixon "z-drive" zero turns used a mechanical cone clutch drive. Might be an option if hydraulics is not.

One drive motor on each of the rear wheels, with individual controllers is also another option. Was that how the electric-ox worked? Not sure.

Or you could re-power an existing hydro drive and deck with a mars type pancake motor.  A few guys have done that by simply using a double pulley arrangement.

The real issue with any repower of existing equipment is finding room for batteries.