Re: (ET) Battery box corrosion

On Mon, 15 Jul 2013 17:52:34 Andrew Poush wrote:

> Thanks for the responses re the brushes. Another question:
> What solution have you guys used for battery box corrosion and how much did it cost?
My answer is probably not what you are looking for. My New Idea is a working tractor - I have no current plans to restore it. I pour motor oil (used or not) along all the seams and joints of the battery compartments. This seems to have stopped all the corrosion.

I have a complete frame and body I got from a former Elec-Trak dealer for a tractor that he never sold - he just kept robbing parts from it, then finally stripped it, and I bought what was left. If/when I restore that one I will use one of the methods that others have suggested here.

Erv Troyer
Lagrange, IN