Re: (ET) Diagnosing an extremely noisy mowing deck?

Thank you everyone!  That gives me some more things to look at.

The blades are flat, faced properly, reasonably balanced, and the
motors all move the same direction.  The horizontal distance from the
blade tips to the baffles is pretty consistent, but I haven't measured
their distance vertically from the deck, so I will do that - thanks,
Ben.  I should've thought of that!

* Tractor not moving, deck flipped up vertical, mower turned on:  big
whoooooosh fan noise, nothing else.
* not moving, deck down flat, mower on:  whoooosh and deck vibrates
with some noise, and springs and pins start jingling and rattling.
* moving, deck down mower on:  hellacious racket to wake the dead.
Banging, clattering, jingling, etc.
* moving, deck down mower off:  some rattling and banging, but nowhere
near as much.

I will check the rear rollers for slop - thanks, Chad.  I bet that's
where the banging is coming from.

Saturday I noticed that I could hear one of the blades spinning down
after I turned the mower off, which I don't remember ever hearing
before from the saddle.  But maybe I'm just paying more attention
because it's annoying me.  >:(

--Charlie