Re: (ET) mower

If it's a windrow, and not a mohawk, then it's one or more of the following(In order of likely hood):
1: Mowing too fast
2: grass is too tall
3: dull blades (Dremel tool works great for this. I use an angle grinder with a wire brush to clean the blades, and a dremel tool to sharpen them)
4: junk built up in the mowing deck (could slow the blades down)
5: mowing motor wiring may have an issue. This could be the 'brushes' or the wiring going to the deck. Bad brushes can cause the deck motor to not spin as fast
6: mowing motor may need new bearings.

Usually if I start to leave great piles of grass I'll slow down and raise the deck. even if it means mowing again later in the week.