(ET) Lithium vs L/A

What are you going to use to charge those Lithium batteries? The charging algorithm is complex and Lithium batts are made up of many cells that can fail individually especially if not charged correctly. Also they are very unforgiving if over drained. In EV's they are fine but in ET's where you want the weight and simplicity L/A's are a better option even with their cold sensitivity.
RobD

Message: 2
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2013 05:01:27 -0400
From: RJ Kanary <rjkanary consolidated net>
To: et <Elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu>
Subject: Re: (ET) Wanted, information on installing Lithium cells in
my EGT 200

       I would check with the engineers at Boeing before proceeding. :)

RJ

On 4/10/2013 8:50 PM, Barry wrote:
The 7 year old lead acid batteries in my EGT 200 appear to be dying. I would
like to know if anyone has personal experence using lithium batteries in a
similar tractor. I need for the lithium cells to perform as well as the lead
acid.

I mow about 1 acre and use the tractor for many other assorted jobs: A
little tilling, grading, moving stuff with fromt scoop, grading with the box
blade, towing small trailer, using the electric winch on the rear.

I know I will have to add weight to the tractor.

I am familiar with the CALB batteries. I just helped a neighbor install 104,
100Ah cells in his 1999 Ford Ranger EV.

I have created a website for his Ranger.
http://www.fordelectricranter.com

Thank you

Barry Elkin

EGT 200