Re: (ET) chain

I used to "drive on" to my chains (lay them on the ground like a ladder in front of the rear wheels, then drive to about the halfway point) when I had a 2WD pick-up truck. You can get good at it, but it's a pain. The hard part was always the side links on the insides of the wheels... when it was cold, and icy, and like that.

Jacking the vehicle up is great by comparison... pretty easy to skootch the chains around, pretty easy to rotate the wheel to get the best position for twiddling links. Deflate and re-inflate ("reflate"?) is a good suggestion.

Best of all, though (if your wheels don't weight 800 lbs ea!), is taking the wheels right off. On the ET it's pretty quick.

-Max, waiting for snow, or not, fine either way.