Re: (ET) batteries

On 2/9/2013 6:40 PM, Ferguson Apiaries wrote:
Can someone give me a sight that explains the different types of
Batteries and how they are used

I can try.

Almost everyone uses T105 batteries. Excellent choice, long life, lots of amps, lots of weight (don't underestimate this :-), and the tractor is built for them. I used a set of used GC batteries for years in my Elec-trak.

Only disadvantage really is cost, and the fact that they have less power (a lot less) in serious cold. If you have a garage this might not be a problem. I do not.

When my batteries died I opted to go with BB600 NiCD batteries. I have three strings of 30ah cells, with an additional 30ah pack in the weight box I use for snow. BB600's are aircraft starting batteries, can put out a lot of power (1,000 amps or so), and shrug off the cold. Downside is having to water 90 battery cells every year or so. Upside is I was blowing 2 feet of snow uphill without problems. :-)

Another option is the older SAFT 180ah batteries. I've seen one person using them, neat solution. Only issue is finding them, but the capacity would be impressive (they're taller than BB600's, more aggregate capacity).