Re: (ET) chains

I have a 59" snow blower on my John Deere tractor (Diesel) and I fought for a couple of years going up and down my hilly 600 foot long driveway without chains. What I found was that I drifted to one side or the other much more easily without the chains even with 4WD so this year I put them on. I think they make a big difference. I have a set lying around here somewhere for the ET. Hope fully I'll have the luxury of having one ET with chains on it all the time and one without chains to do the lawn, etc. I think the box is hypoid so locking it might be out of the question, the thing about the ET's is the weight for size, my 150 lb body needs all the weight it can get!
Rob

Message: 3
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2013 14:51:44 -0500
From: The CZ Unit <cz alembic crystel com>
To: "elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu" <elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu>
Subject: (ET) Snow and good tires

Got a few inches of snow last night so of course I fired up the snow
blower. The 36 volt lift (running it at 36v) works great, goes right up
and down without issues.

Likewise I noticed I was able to blow with no issues without chains.
True that it is a lot less snow than 2 feet, but still the old tires
used to slip and slide on anything. I think new tires make a spectacular
difference.

Also today I drove the kids out to the hill for sledding on the
E15+trailer. No problem driving through the snow out and back. Same tire
deal.

So replacing the old tires, even if they have plenty of tread, is a good
idea. I wonder why.

Message: 4