Re: (ET) motor ratings

Yeah, I too would agree with David's post. An all around controller, that would work with any ET motor would be a bear to create.

If I were to make a few suggestions:

1) Design a PWM controller for E15, and E20 class motors. The controller would be identical between E15 / E20, and would cover a large subset of tractors. 2) Integrate a 36VDC->12VDC circuity for the lights/lift/misc. Besides being really handy it would also help issues with taping mid string that could cause power to flow back into the controller in strange ways. 3) Integrate a second PWM circuit for 36VDC-> 120VAC . It wouldn't have to be that robust, a modified sine wave, with a max of 10a....That would be MIGHTY handy.

There have been posts of using expressPCB to create the first two (above). I can find a link to a pure sine inverter design document(If anyone wants it). It had the theory and design notes. Sadly my skills don't go quite that far.

Someone with more chops may blast me out of the water on this one, but I
wonder if it might be possible to design a microprocessor controlled
controller for which the firmware was user-uploadable.  Then all the
manufacturer would have to do is develop a new field map or control
algorithm for each motor the users wanted.

A NAND flash could do that.
http://www.micron.com/products/nand-flash

Run a tiny embedded linux core and read/write the settings to your heart's content. :) But that's the programmer in me talking.