Re: (ET) how does the late model I5 speed control work?

It is functioning as designed.If due to loading the voltage present at the 2AH relay coil is too low,{It is connected in parallel with the armature.} the second armature resistor bypass contactor will not pick up.This was done to prevent you from getting a face full of steering wheel. :)Pressing the CC/PP button is a suitable procedure to get you moving again.

RJ