Re: (ET) subscriptions aeolusdevelopment com

On 8/5/2012 8:11 AM, Robert Troll wrote:
Robert -

This is good info.

I am glad that you brought this up, because i did some searching. The
manual for the Curtis 1204 states that it CAN be used with series or
PM motors. It says to just omit using that A2 terminal if using a PM
motor.

Excellent. That being the case they'll have dealt with the case I was worried about. Sounds like you are in the clear.

"The PM motor must be connected, via the forward/reverse circuitry,
to the controller’s B+ and M- bus bars. If your controller is
designed for use with either series or PM motors, it will have an A2
bus bar which you should leave unconnected. If your controller is
designed for use only with PM motors, it will have no A2 bus bar."

It them goes on to talk about how the motor becomes a generator when
braking and has a freewheel diode inside. Going to gander that this
takes care of that neg current.

The free wheel diode takes care of the current still flowing in the motor's inductance while the switch is off. Regen current will bypass the freewheel diode.

Robert

--

 From the Divided by a Common Language File (Edited to protect the guilty)
ME - "I'd like to get Price and delivery for connector Part # XXXXX"