From: Charlie [mailto:medievalist gmail com]
Sent: Sunday, June 24, 2012 3:55 PM
To: Rob Brockway
Cc: Elec-Trak
Subject: Re: (ET) Question for the EE types

Thanks, Rob, I was wondering about that; the toaster is obviously capable
of
carrying huge amps, but the little wire-wound ceramics under the dash don't
look like they could handle much current at all.

Today I discovered that my varistor is exploded.  Remarkable that the
I-5 still works, although certainly not optimally.

--Charlie

On Sun, Jun 24, 2012 at 9:27 AM, Rob Brockway <GEtractor yahoo com> wrote:
> Keep in mind the power loss with resistors used with the field is
> trivial.
 Resistors used with the armature is significant.