Re: (ET) Elec trak charger short?

On 5/11/2012 9:17 AM, Chad Bush wrote:
Honestly, we don't need 20 people guessing at diodes or capacitor. The
charger literally consists of 3-4 components, and only 2 components are
a culprit for it humming loudly and not rectifying the AC. So, when a
charger acts up and still turns on with the timer, replace the cap and
diodes with equivalent components and get back to charging. Simple,
simple, simple! I would suggest having spare parts on hand.

Oh sure we do, that's the nature of this list. But I will say I have taken a rusted, rotted, wet leaf and dirt covered charger from my E15 wreck, removed everything from the rotted wood, made a new wood base, cleaned everything up, and re-mounted it and have a perfectly working charger.

They're pretty tough.