Re: (ET) E-12 Charger trouble

Thanks you all for the advice. Unfortunately, its a bad charger-repair story. I found one diode shorted and the other one open. Also, the secondary winding of the transformer is shorted. The timer and capacitor appear to be OK. What are my options? Anyone have a charger for sale that would fit into an E-12? I'm in a Kansas City suburb.
Thanks for any help.
Bill Alburty

Bill Alburty wrote:
Last night, after mowing, I plugged in the charger, and when I turned the timer knob to begin charging, a loud noise came from the charger and it blew the 20A fuse in my house circuit. I haven't opened it up to look yet, and haven't plugged it in again. What should I look for as the problem? What tests should I do? The noise sounded like a big clatter, as if the core plates were vibrating unfettered.
I appreciate all advice and speculation.

Bill Alburty, Kansas City