Re: (ET) Mowing

Over the years I've had two ET's.  The first was bought new with a GE deck with baffles, small motors...acceptable cut.  The second has a used WH deck with baffles, larger motors...also an acceptable cut.  In between had a Gravely with a large deck and a great cut.  I use oem blades that have been sharpened often.  I think you may be onto something about faster blade rpm.

When these tractors were first marketed in the 70's, we all thought it best to mow at 2.5" if not 2"....I did that and left clumps of grass when mowing once a week.  Nowadays, I cut at 3"+ and mow twice weekly in the growing season; would like to see more grass 'lift' but may be asking too much of the old blades.

Harold at Cleanpower has new blades similar to and probably better than oem, worth looking into.

Jack