Re: (ET) learning to mow with the I-5

What happened? Did the wheels then skid in reverse as the rig still moved forward?  I assume you tried the disc brake with no or little effect. That seems sort of like an irresistible force meeting an immovable object!

From: Timothy Chapin <tchapin umich edu>
To: tb <tbamc gbta net>
Cc: Elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu
Sent: Wednesday, April 4, 2012 12:39 PM
Subject: Re: (ET) learning to mow with the I-5

I got myself into a runaway situation with a 16 ft  car hauler behind my e-12m going down a hill.  I used reverse to get it under control...  I wouldn't recommend anyone getting into that position.  I am sure i put allot of pressure on a number of systems in the old girl.  She never complained.  I hope to never have to do that kind of pressure test again.