(ET) Drive Motor - Inductive Energy

Question for all you ET geniuses out there. I am lucky enough to have a electrical engineer friend whom is helping me work on a motor control ckt for my I5 rebuild.

In going over reversing the field, i mentioned that GE used a varistor in the design to handle voltage spikes. The varistor that i have been told matches the stock GE one is this one:

http://parts.digikey.com/1/parts/715924-varistor-68v-33j-20mm-radial-za-v68za20.html

He responded by saying that because of the rating on the varistor, he assumed that the motor will have less then "33 joules of inductive energy".

So i wanted to see if anyone out there knew how many joules of inductive energy the drive motor in a I5 has?