From: roberttroll hotmail com
To: elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2011 15:40:53 +0000
Subject: (ET) Finishing Cab

Finally finishing up my cab that i restored earlier in the summer. For all those who asked the glass is safety glass. The gasket that holds the glass in is standard locking gasket that i purchased through McMaster-Carr. It was much easier to install then i had anticipated. I hung the gasket from a rafter near my furnace for a few days and it was easily pliable. Put the gasket in the frame first, then insert glass, then use screwdriver to "lock" gasket in place.

Was also able to revive the dead wiper motor through a good cleaning/re-greasing.  Will complete the look by adding a led beacon to the top and possibly a led spotlight.

My next question is - does anyone know how to get replacement soft sides? I am thinking of attempting to make my own using heavy duty clear vinyl shower curtains.  Any other ideas?