Re: (ET) Diagnosing delay error on E15 board

On 10/26/2011 1:10 PM, RJ Kanary wrote:
There IS a delay. I've yet to see the one for the field relay work, but
it IS there.The ones for the armature resistance contactors usually
work, however.Makes me wonder if it is a high resistance in the
'sensing' wiring concern.
Maybe. I saw on one schematic that there is a hand-drawn X through wire 8's connection to the motor side of L1/l2's contacts and a hand drawn line connecting it to the battery side of L1/L2. Haven't checked my tractor to see which side it's on, that could bypass it.

Note: I do have a MOV and it's not blown to bits. I am actually thinking of replacing the relay with a spare pair of E20 push/pull contactors, but I would bet the field voltage spike is so high it would blow those apart (the armature reversal on the E20 has a lower winding count thus a lower peak voltage with the field nailed on)

Chris