Re: (ET) E15 operational. Rusty, but operational.

Glad you like it. There are advantages to having the GE drawings when manufacturing new parts :-)

It sounds like there is something wrong with your card 1 (or elsewhere) for the the contacts to get melted off so easily. The design itself wasn't so bad, it just has reliability issues as everything has to be working properly since the failure modes are annoying. If everything works right, there are time delays that prevent contact damage. In real life, add a little mouse pee and corrosion to some well aged capacitors and who knows what goes on.