Re: (ET) Motor puzzler

             Could the traction motor in the unspecified E-15 have the stabilizing field in it ? It would be in series with the armature.....................

RJ

David Roden (Akron OH USA) wrote:
On 18 Sep 2011 at 14:58, Steve Gaarder wrote:

Any ideas?

It sounds like a weak field (low current) rather than no field.  My memory
may be playing tricks on me - but IIRC, with no field, my E15's ammeter pegs
and the motor barely moves.  It doesn't overspeed because it can't get going
at all with no field.

But perhaps yours is different.

I might next try getting out the ammeter, and measuring the actual current
the field is using.