Re: (ET) GE Yellow - paint mix code

I had my dash cover and part of my snowthrower with me. Used inside of dash cover (clean area) for sample. We tried out 3 other yellows by putting a dab on the panel. None of them matched even though one of the caps looked like a good match. After taking the sample the screen color looked nothing like the panel. I was told to ignore that. We mixed the color and applied it to the panel. Matches. Does it match the original GE color... Dont know, but it matches the inside cover of the dash panel on my E15.  Would be great for a few other people to do the same and have parts from their machines matched at true value so we can compare the paint codes.....

From: pieter_litch yahoo com
To: roberttroll hotmail com
CC: elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu
Subject: RE: (ET) GE Yellow - paint mix code
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 16:34:17 -0400

One of the problems that computers introduce is that of wrong colors.  If you are into digital photography, you know that the screen colors as seen in, for example, Photoshop (even when the screen is calibrated)  don't match the camera colors, and don't match the printer either!  So saying a color looks close to ET factory when seen on a computer screen is not saying much.  It could be way off.  David did the smart thing and looked at all those open cans!  Of course, the question is does the formulated yellow make the factory fresh original yellow - as seen on a part, not as seen in a picture!