Re: (ET) Emailing: window motor ground wire?

        Have you been on this list for a while? If you have, sort your messages according to Subject. You will find a wealth of information from others that have already attempted this.

RJ

DAC8851 aol com wrote:

Hi  I am replacing the lift motor with the General motors window motor. It will bolt up but I am reading this about adding a ground wire inside.  How do you do this? What do you hook it to? does this wire have to come out side of the motor and hook to the blue wire that was used in the original hook up. I see the motor has a 2 wire lead now instead of the 3 wire from the orginal. What happens when it grounds to the frame? Dave

In a message dated 2/26/2011 10:08:01 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, cz alembic crystel com writes:
On 2/26/2011 8:58 PM, David Brandt wrote:
> Yes, they came from cadillacs (maybe buicks too, I'm not sure), but you have to open it up and add a ground wire so that it doesn't ground through the frame anymore.

Yeah true, but if the problem is the armature is shorted you can swap
one in with relative ease.

Just be gentle removing the brush holder, get several pairs of long nose
pliers and do everything super-gentle.