Re: (ET) So what color WERE the Elec-Traks, anyway?

On 8 Jul 2011 at 13:38, David Plamondon wrote:

> Thinking of trying it with a preval spray gun.

Wow, I can't believe Preval sprayers are still around.  I tried using one
do some touchup work on my 1965 Dodge Dart.  This would have been close to
40 years ago!

The one I saw on their website looked exactly like what I used.  It wasn't
that great.  Basically, it was a mechanized perfume atomizer.  It sort of
spit the paint onto the car, making a dry, orange-peel finish.

I ended up having to shoot several coats, wet-sand it with 600 grit
sandpaper, and polish it up with rubbing compound.  After that experience,
went out and bought a low-end spray gun, which worked much better.

I'll be interested to hear whether they've improved the Preval very much
in
these 4 decades.

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA