Re: (ET) So how hot can a drive motor get?

         If there is a thermal switch in the field windings, this can be used to cause the contactor to drop out on over temp. :)

RJ

Chris Zach wrote:
This afternoon I spent about an hour and a half outside with the Elec-Trak pressure washer. It ran fine with no problems (man is this thing nice) however I was wondering how long the Elec-trak motors are rated for temp and time-wise?

During the wash and at the end I stopped briefly to check the temp switch on the motor (the other two wires on the field harness). No problems, the switch remained closed. However by the end the motor was quite hot to the touch.

So what's the max external and internal temps for an E12 shunt motor? It's working so well I am thinking of replacing the 1,500 PSI pump with a 2,500 PSI one from Ebay.

Thanks!
Chris