Re: (ET) and getting the pressure washer together

Just get a range plug and a good lenght of wire, and for the seat switch just find something to put in the seat, say a milk-crate full of deck cleaner solution/washer parts.
--- On Sat, 5/14/11, Chris Zach <cz alembic crystel com> wrote:

From: Chris Zach <cz alembic crystel com>
Subject: Re: (ET) and getting the pressure washer together
To: "David Harvey" <davharv yahoo com>
Cc: Elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu
Date: Saturday, May 14, 2011, 10:37 PM

David Harvey wrote:
> Then I just need to sit down and wire up the motor. I'm thinking full field, full armature, with a contactor controlled by a switch attached to an extension cord going to the E20 accessory plug. That should do it
>  I think I would use the PTO plug instead, that motor will pull some big amps on start up

Yeah, the more I think about this, the more I'm thinking PTO. Which means another trip to Home Despot for a range cable and plug. Problem is those are usually only 6 feet long tops, so the washer will have to be close to the tractor.

And I'll have to include a set of alligator clips to bypass the seat switch. I really don't like that but when I did the calculations, 2hp is going to pull 1,500 watts or so. Which equals out to around 50a, not going to work with the little 20a accessory outlet.