(ET) Elec-Trak pressure washer, thoughts

Ok, so I spent some time with a wrench and the results are good and bad.

Good: I managed to get the engine off the platform. Likewise the pump came off as well.

Bad: The pump has a female adapter and was filled with oil. Apparently it shares the oil with the engine.

Good: I don't really care.

Good: The E12 motor shaft fits the pump perfectly. It's like there's some sort of standard or something?

Bad: There is no place to mount the pump to the motor and it probably vibrates, so it should go on the platform.

Good: I can put it on the platform with rubber isolators, but I can't hang the motor on top of it. So I am going to have to secure the motor.

My thoughts: What I could do it put a steel plate over the top of the pump flush with the washer platform deck. That way the pump would be covered and the rubber gasket would hold in the oil. I guess I would have to check it every once in awhile to see if it has oil. Gravity plus the top plate should keep the oil on the bottom.

Then put the electric motor on top of that, maybe with a paper gasket or something. The motor end shaft is pretty well sealed, I doubt oil could get up into it.

Then I would just have to figure out how to support the motor without letting the shaft put pressure on the pump.

Or..... What if I fliped it over and put the pump on *TOP*? Then the motor could be under it, and secured to the four legs with angle irons. Except that then the oil *would* run out. Drat.

Any other thoughts? How am I going to support the motor?

I could bend the steel plate I put over the bottom, then weld angle iron to that and the corners in a triangle shape. That might work, albeit a bit ugly. Hm....

Close. Interesting, but close.