Re: (ET) Interesting, that's what eats E15 relays....

On 5/11/2011 6:27 AM, Clean Power Supply wrote:
  Chris,
  Learning by doing really does work! You've pretty well figured it out.
If you put a new varistor (MOV) in good electrical connection across the
field it should take care of most of the sparks.
  Harold Z.

Well no. I actually wired in part of card 2 (the mov lines and a few of the resistor lines, I need to trace three wires) and the spark is still there. Nasty.

I wonder if a really big 50 volt zener diode would be enough to sink the sparks.

Chris