(ET) E15 moved out of weeds under power

So I was given this totally rusted junker E15 last fall. The wires had been cut, the tractor was a wreck, the rear of the frame was rusted, and all that. But it had a good mower deck, so I restored that to operation.

The rest of it... Sat in the weeds. On a lark I tried welding angle-iron to the frame with my E20's welder and oddly enough the welds seemed to stick and the transmission managed to mount up to it well enough. However the control board was shot, wires were cut, etc.

So over the winter and spring I worked on it. Ground off what was left of the rear battery box/parts, and PORed and painted the frame. Washed it off as much as I could, cleaned up what was left of the wiring, and took the board in to be looked at.

I took all of the diodes off the board and installed new ones. That's about 15 or 16 diodes, somewhat of a pain. But the board looked to do things on the bench, so I connected up a 15 pin molex with pigtails to it and let it be.

This spring I worked on the tractor. Reconnected wires, reconnected all sorts of stuff, etc. Yesterday I wired a molex 15 pin female into the harness, I think I got all the wires right and re-numbered them.

Today I put 3 old 12v Hawkers on the back, hooked it up with a 100a fuse in case it exploded, and tried it. No voltage. Found that the fuse *holder* for the controls was bad. I think I need a whole new holder, but in the meantime I just put the #30 wire in the clip itself with the fuse. What the heck.

Did that and the voltage came up. Tried the throttle, barely any motor movement in forward, power in reverse. Looked at the reversing relay, sparks arcing on the contacts. Said "screw it" and got one of my new 36v relays. Need to figure out how to mount it, but it's on there now. Tried tractor.

It *moves*. Goes into first speed, then second and third. Neat how it smoothly does the delay, which means the caps and SCRs are still working. Can't try the brake because it's rusted, but I put it in L and drove it out of the weeds and dirt up to the house.

It has no charger, so I built a quick accessory-accessory extension cord and have it charging next to the E20. That should bring the pack up to full.

Now what? Well I have to mount all the cards, fix the card with the resistors (it's not connected right now, oh well), drill out the broken screws for the control panel, figure out how to mount the relay, and so forth. Then I need to decide if I want to actually keep it (and get a new back box+fenders+seat, charger metal chassis for the resistors which are hanging over the side, etc etc etc) or drive it to the dump.

Still, it does move.

And I need to think about the tires, they're shot; do I really want to buy new ones? Will they laugh at the rusted rims? Probably. Maybe I could fill them with that self-sealing crud and run them till they explode or something.

Still, it does move.

And it has no lift, charger, or batteries. Although I could wire up 30 BB600's in the front of it and get it going.

And yes, it does move.

Chris