Re: (ET) Thinking out loud - Controller

As to running your ET without the armarture resistors to start, try this sometime( carefully) set up a jumper to do this with out having anything on the front of it in D1 or D2, tell me if your front wheels stay on the ground? next try it going up a hill? I've had one stand up!  The tool/weight box will keep it from going too far.
 I ran one for a bit with one DPST switch for a bit, field was on by thje key, armarture contactor by switch, I drove it in LL, no safetys.
Now if you are going to set one up for pulling that's that way to go.
Now by having the field on all the time it acts as brake when there is no armarture volts, then if you wanted to you could plug the armartue and have braking.