Re: (ET) Thinking out loud - Controller

I have been running my E12S with no control and 2 switches all winter. A DPDT center ON wired so that down is off, middle is start/low and up is high. DPDT center OFF in place of the f/r relay. Yes it is a death machine, but it made me think that wiring the whole thing with a couple of self holding relays it could be done safely. they actually make delay relays that would make it slick.

My thinking is that I never use lower speeds except for current control, and now some snow blowing. I choose the gear I want and pretty much go full speed. The lack of torque with the resistors makes the lower speeds pretty lame.

I could probably implement with the stock switch array.

The RTN deal is the only hard part, and actually with self holding relays and a 3PDT center off for field reversing that should be OK. The third pole would be in the string for the main start relay so it would drop out when you go to the center position.

Probably a 'go fast' button for field weakening

KG