Re: (ET) Prefer to back up faster.... E20

Oh! Good Question! 26AE20AA

-M

On Wed, Feb 2, 2011 at 1:19 PM, RJ Kanary <rjkanary consolidated net> wrote:
What model of E-20 ?

RJ

Max Hall wrote:
I'm a Boston-area guy, so I'm pushing a lot of snow. ("snOMG!" "Snowmageddon!" etc.) And I really wish the higher speeds were available on my E20 for reverse!

I'm looking at the schematics, and it seems as if all one needs to do to have field-weakening for reverse as well as forward is to remove a single conductor on the F&R switch (more specifically, the portion of the F&R switch between P5-3 and P5-2 fed by wires 64 and 22-01) as it is a bypass for all of the field-weakining resistors.  It seems as if the high-current lock-out of field weakening would still work, too,  (FW coil between card 4 pins 13 and 20 is controlled partly by voltage across a shunt in series with the drive motor) as its circuitry is separate from the F/R stuff.

So:
Anyone done this? If so, am I barking up the right tree?
Anyone know why I wouldn't want to do this? (Apart from "backing up fast is scary"...)

Thanks, as ever, fellow ETers. Boy, am I working my E20 this winter... love that machine!

-Max

--
www.maxmatic.com <http://www.maxmatic.com>