Re: (ET) Max power consumption on snowblowing....

Jim,

what's your data xmitter/receiver? I have been messing with some spiffy 802.15.4 stuff from Omega... is it that, by any chance?

I would collect more data if it were a little cheaper to do so... I'd love to hear what you have.

General,

Amen to minding the tire pressure.

So true about resetting the breaker! I used the butt end of handle of my chute-clog-clearing trowel as if it were a giant thumb on the rare occasions when the breaker tripped.

And I, too, am a big fan of jacking up the tractor (or any vehicle) to put chains on. Way easier than driving on to them, etc. And bungees are excellent for reliable tension with, say, tires that have air leaks. It is misery to have to get chains reseated in the middle of a storm clean-up, let alone the storm itself!

Happy deep snow to all,

-Max