Re: (ET) Motor flanges

Bill, what I did here is, I bougth some 3/16" flat steel plate 6" wide and had it cut to 6x6" I took the peices to a local small machine shop, slong with the motor cases, and had him machine out the hole to match the casing. I drilled the mounting hole and had a buddy weld them in place with his wire welder, we had a air hose blowing inside the casing, no heat problems, worked fine.

Jerry NW Ohio

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bill Alburty" <willaim kc rr com>
To: <elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu>
Sent: Wednesday, December 29, 2010 10:54 AM
Subject: (ET) Motor flanges

Is there a source for the flanges on the 4 1/2 inch mower motors? I have 2 motors in need of mounting flanges because they broke or rusted. Also, when I weld a new one on to the motor body is there a chance the heat of welding would make the magnets pop loose? I would like to hear the voice of experience. Thanks
Bill Alburty
Kansas E-12