Re: (ET) motors

I answer yes, but mind the details!

Our little shunt-wound motors can deliver about 36V*50A indefinitely, or about 2.5 hp. Pair them, get 5 hp. 5hp is enough to drive a *small* (1000lbs gross) car at 35mph. (Certainly not highway. For a point of reference, it takes about 10 hp to drive an ol' Saab Sonett 2-seater EV conversion at about 45 or 50 mph on flat ground. Drag goes up as the square of speed, power required goes up as the CUBE of speed, and hills are hard!)

A rule-of-thumb is 5 hp continuous rating for every 1000lbs of car as a minimum.

I've got a range of experience with car conversions, gleeful successes, hot and smelly "learning experiences,"... feel free to contact me off-list if I can be of any assistance!

Best to all of you ETers,

from Boston, where our first snow is in the forecast,

-Max