(ET) E15 speed control in, sorting out the wiring

Well, I took a closer look at the speed control that was sitting in the box-o-parts. The throttle lever was held to the selector axle with what looked to be a cotter pin. That explains the slop.

Replacing it with a proper expansion bar tightened up the lever and I can see how all the speeds are selected. However the selection was difficult, so I cleaned and put some lithium grease on the selector wheel cams that engage the switches. I figure this is ok because I did it with the knife selector on my E20 about 10 years or so ago and nothing's broken yet.

Much smoother. However I noticed that there is one switch missing, it's on the steel mount itself and on an E15-AA is labeled in the manual as the "reverse" switch. My guess is it's engaged when forward, but if I might ask, how? Is there another cam in there? A special looking switch?

Short question, does anyone have a picture of a complete E15 throttle? I still might need one, this one does look kind of eaten, and if I can figure out the switch I might be able to use it.

Other wiring is starting to come together. I can see where the wires for the meters, disconnect, and card 1/2 are. The good news is the numbers are still on the wire. Bad news is I will probably strip the numbers off to mount new connectors, so I am really going to need a wire-labeling kit soon. Mine only goes to 30-40 I think, and the numbers are higher on the E15...

But still, sort of getting there. In the "get it to move" category I could just put my 30 cell expansion pack on the back of this, and wire that straight into the rear power wires. Or since I have the motor in I might just put a 12 volt Hawker in the front to give it "hotel power" to move the motor. Then again it would not engage the contactors so I would still need the BB600 pack.

Maybe in the spring...

Chris