Re: (ET) Tractor repair: motor on deck is overheating.wheel horse C-185

David Roden wrote:
Which reminds me of a question asked a while back and, IIRC, never answered. ARE there any sources of NEW spare mower motors for ETs? What about repair parts for them?

I (Electric Tractor Store) have a collection of used shells with good magnets, plus a limited number of brand NEW shells (large diam) that Bill had made up a few years ago. And of course armatures, bearings, brushes, etc. I'm hoping this supply will keep folks going for a good while to come. Complete new-old-stock motors pop up from time to time (Kansas Wind, Harold, eBay, etc). I'll also be working on complete new replacement motors before the stock of spare parts runs out.

Most of the bad magnets I see are cracked or shattered, so re-gluing isn't really an option. Some folks have had complete magnets come loose, and some have been able to glue them back in. Some have also glued them in without checking north/south orientation... add this as a step to Steve's procedure if you decide to try re-gluing.

--
Jim Coate
Waynesboro, VA

NOTE: Mail sent to the "NO_REPLY" address will *not* reach me.
To send me a private message, please follow the directions here:
http://www.coate.org/contact_jim/