(ET) Serial numbers

Various threads have referred to difficulties when trying to decode the Elec-trak serial numbers. In an attempt to produce a "magic decoder ring", I've assembled a small spreadsheet of about 60 machines, using serial numbers and model numbers that I found on the Elec-trak forum and on this e-mailing list. So far, some patterns seem to be emerging, but it would be helpful to have more sets of numbers.

If you would like to send me an e-mail with your machine's serial and model numbers, I'd be happy to include them in the spreadsheet and use them to help prove (or disprove) some theories about the serial numbering system. It would be best if your numbers are ones that are clear and easy to read; some of the serial number tags are very difficult to read, and mis-read numbers could cause confusion. (If you've already included those numbers in a posting to this list, then I've probably already gotten them.)

After a week or so, I'll post the spreadsheet contents and some theories about how the numbering system seems to work. Many thanks!

Larry Chace, <RLC1 etnainstruments com> , Ithaca, NY
I-5 26CE20CA BS28 987 (February 28, 1973, I think)