Re: (ET) Almost "new 1970 Elec-trak ?

On Thursday August 12 I posted a message about a 1970 GE Elec-Trak that was at our local steam and gas show, and I asked for help in confirming that this was the actual year for this tractor. I received 2 replies that confirmed that this was the correct year (see below) Thank you for those replies, RJ and Denis.

I mentioned that the owner was asking $3500 for this tractor. I discussed this price with him today, and he explained that this was simply his starting point. If some one makes a serious offer he would be willing to negotiate the final selling price. I have no interest myself in buying this tractor, but if someone on this list is interested you can contact him directly. He does not have a computer, so you would need to contact him by phone.

His info: Rodney Woolf , Saugatuck, MI, Phone: cell - 616-566-1734; home - 269-857-4180

I have posted some pictures on my Kodak website at:
The first 3 photos are of my New Idea, so you can disregard them.

Rodney also told me he has been contacted by a person that wants to sell him a BRAND NEW - NEVER RUN E14. The person who has it bought it new, still in the box. He assembled it but has never operated it. If I get more info on this one I will post it.

Erv Troyer
Lagrange, IN

Here are the replies I received:
rjkanary consolidated net wrote:
      My E-20 CA has dates of 1970 and '71 ink stamped on the OEM Guardian relays.Also has the large diameter mower motors and the stamped steel caster supports.Your E-20 should have three resistor strips (Four Terminals.) to provide eight motor speeds instead of the later version's seven.

RJ
carrier denis gmail com wrote:
I have an E20 very similar.  Mine is Model 26AB 20BA,  Ser. FP04106, caster brackets are stamped metal, the accelerator is a pedal, there are two resistor strips above the charger and and there is a forward/reverse switch on the dash. You can see it on EValbum (no. 2920) http://www.evalbum.com/2920
I found a way around to know its year of fabrication. Since there is the indication "Patent Pending" (if you open the hood "Patent Pending" is on the id tag) so I know it was made before the patent was issued (the us Patent was issued on march 14, 1972 undre number 3,648,797) and after April 1971 the date stamped on both Fuel Level and Power Use dials.

Denis Carrier
Notre-Dame du Nord, Quebec